Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Dinner & massage

Or in the correct order: first massage then dinner. In this case Cheol along with his wife and daughter invited Claudine and me to a Chinese foot massage. After changing into a given t-shirt and shorts, the feet were bathed in hot tea for a few minutes. The massage itself took place upstairs in a small room lying on a bed. It was a very interesting mixture of pleasure and pain, depending on what the masseur did to the feet. I was quite impressed by the care they took and the attention that can be given to one's feet. I certainly had never experienced anything like it before. Pain felt during the massage supposedly links to some troubles in other areas of life or the body. In my case the main pain I felt was linked to lack of sleep, which is as true as it can be since I came here. Afterwards, Cheol and his family joined us for dinner, sharing a stuffed duck in a traditional restaurant. It was the first longer encounter with Germans for his daughter, but it seems that she enjoyed it along with the rest of us.

No comments: