Thursday, August 28, 2008

Business trip ;-)

True enough, it was getting up early again for me. We had decided to meet at 8:30h a litttle bit away from my place to ensure that we would make it to our destination in time. The destination of our group excursion being: Caribbean bay :-)
Caribbean bay is probably the largest water park in Korea and certainly the largest I have heard of, seen or been to before. It was huge. Sadly, it was also equally crowed. Nevertheless, we head straight for the wave pool. Evidently, security is taken a bit more seriously here, so we all had to wear life jackets before going into the pool. However the big waves and especially being tossed around by them in the water made up for the jacket hassle. It also turned out that there was another major advantage to having the life vest around. Upon meeting the others after changing, Mark and I had already noticed, that most were wearing t-shirts or so and we were the only ones leaving our upper body bare. Turned out later that the sun screen - 45 sunblock - probably said goodbye after the initial wave pool visit and left Mark with a red face and me with deep red shoulders, that are still burning today. At least the life vest protected the rest... Other than that, it was very fun, though. We took a couple different slides - there wasn't time for anywhere near all of them, mainly due to very long lines - my favorite being the boomerang slide, where three to four people share a tube, which slides down a very steep incline only to rush up a steep slope and plummet down into a stream again. It is at the end of this ride that I stumble out of the tube in the picture. For all of the attractions go and look at: http://www.everland.com/htm/MultiLanguage/english/htm/Ev/EvCb_Att_01.htm
or just type Caribbean bay in Google. We spent a bit inside, with a tube slide for two and a single body slide, eventually ending up in the spa, where we spent some time in a really hot pool, until we finally hit the cold pool and the showers before leaving again. All in all it was a great day, but obviously my digital camera didn't enjoy the prospect of water, so I took a few pictures before we went in and ran back in for a short moment before leaving to take some more. However, Kyung Hwan was brilliant enough to bring a waterproof camera. As you might imagine, it was not digital, so I scanned the pictures today in the office. I assume, you'll be able to tell which pictures were made with which camera ;-)
I sure hope there will be more group trips to come while I'm here.

No comments: