Thursday, August 7, 2008

Language lessons

As you can probably imagine, the chairs and desks in my room as well as in my office weren't exactly designed with me in mind. To prevent being completely hunched over my laptop all the time, I decided to get a usb keyboard and in the campus store this meant: a Korean keyboard. It's actually pretty much the english one but you can switch to type in Hangeul, the Korean phonemic alphabet. All I can write so far though is my name: 톨스텐. And for all of you interested in writing me, here is my address: 서울시 관악구 신림9동 1520-7호 5/5. Good luck :-)
The stone with the Korean symbols is located near the dining hall on campus. It probably reads something like 'do not walk down here', because the long flight of steps next to it, which I obviously walked down only led to a fence and to me having to walk all the way up again...

No comments: